To vote, Texas voters are required to present a valid photo ID that matches their name in the voter rolls.
Below is a list of acceptable photo IDs, and the link to the Election Administrator website with additional details.
Accepted Forms of Identification:
1. A Texas Driver License or personal identification card - unexpired or less than 60 days expired. Issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).
2. A Texas Concealed Handgun License - unexpired or expired less than 60 days, issued by DPS.
3. United States Military identification card - containing the person's photograph.
4. U.S. citizenship certificate with photograph, or U.S. passport - unexpired or expired less than 60 days.
5. Texas Election identification certificate - If you do not have ANY of the above listed items, you can apply for a Texas Election identification certificate. You can receive this ID for FREE if you do not have any of the other forms of identification listed above. You can find out more information about obtaining this ID at this link.
To find the DPS location nearest to you, click this link.